- Goodbye acting: “Family oriented” Angelina Jolie becomes directorPosted 33 mins ago
- Pregnant Sana leaves for Malaysia and UK tomorrow, April 20thPosted 2 hours ago
- Rubi Anam returns from Canada; after successful performance abroadPosted 3 hours ago
- April 19th marks 44th death anniversary of Syed Imtiaz Ali TajPosted 5 hours ago
- Breaking: Chef Sara Riaz dies; eventually losing her battle against cancerPosted 22 hours ago
- Katrina refuses to work opposite Akshay; Ranbir’s advice?Posted 2 days ago
- Really, 3 years passed? Its 3rd death anniversary of Babu Baral todayPosted 3 days ago
- Today’s 9th death anniversary of Paki music director Amjad BobbyPosted 4 days ago
- So it was ‘vasovagal syncope’ Alexa Ray Joel was diagnosed with!Posted 4 days ago
- Lollywood film The System: Post production to be done in IndiaPosted 4 days ago
Famous Lollywood small – big screen actor Ghayyur Akhtar dies
On Friday (February 6, 2014) Pakistani actor Ghayyur Akhtar passed away while in Lahore. Suffering with paralysis for quite several months, the actor was pronounced dead at a local hospital where he was brought the other night in a critical condition, reports PopBluster.
One of the very well-known and regarded radio – television and silver screen Lollywood artists Ghayyur Akhtar reportedly suffered with paralysis some three years ago. Media reports suggest that the other night, Akhtar’s condition deteriorated and although the actor was rushed to a local hospital but he could not survive. Short while later, the hospital authorities pronounced him dead.
It was in the late 1970s when Ghayyur Akhtar started his acting career and by 1980s; he managed to establish him as one of the most successful and famous actors of his era. Although he appeared in countless television plays but the roles he played in ‘Sona Chandi’ and ‘Khawaja and Son’ series were particularly appreciated by all.
The seasoned actor, whose career was full of countless startling performances, was particularly famous for his God-gifted acting abilities in comedy roles. Ghayyur Akhtar will always live in his fans’ hearts.
Page Views (214)